Tuesday, July 8, 2008

THE FIRST, and maybe last, Blog.

I thought that this blog craze would have died by now. In some respects it has, but none the less here is my first ever blog (take a moment to let it sink in).



This photo was taken at the top of Mt. Wolverine on June 28. My friend Steve and I blazed our own trail to the top, I know that’s frowned upon by those environmentalist, however, climbing to that peak was one of the greatest feelings I have ever had. Mt. Wolverine is located between Alta and Brighton.


Steve and me at the top.


I cooked some oatmeal at the top, nothing like a gourmet meal at 11,000 feet.

10 comments:

Smiley Family said...

Impressive. I am just glad you made it back down! And welcome to the blogging world, I am glad you finally decided to join us. Now we are five for five. And this better not be your last post, unless you want to be constantly "interrogated" by me.

Mark Nott said...

HEY JAKE!

Welcome!

Zachary said...

Hooray! He succumbed to the peer pressure!

The Lund Five said...

Welcome to the blogging world. It is so much fun!! Those pictures and that hike are pretty impressive!! I don't know if I could do it. I hope that your oatmeal turned out well.

Monica Lifferth said...

This better not be your last! It's a great way to brag about all of your many adventures!

The Carter Family: said...

Hey, Jake-welcome to the blogging world!! You better keep it up too since we never see you and now we can see what you've been up to!! That hike looked pretty scary to me! And, oatmeal? That's what you wanted to eat after your great accomplishment?!!!

Craig Lifferth said...

Welcome to the blogging world Jake!

All About M.E.('s) said...

Uh.....you're falling behind. C'mon show us what your made of.

Mike and Leslie said...

Yeah! You have a BLOG...Jake is movin' up in the world. Keep bloggin'! It's fun to see what you are up too..

Izzy said...

Wow, very cool pics from the top!