Saturday, August 30, 2008

Aloha

Today I am suppose to go hiking with my friends but for reasons that do not really make sense and that cannot be explained the plans fell through. No worries though because I am watching Ax-men and I have been looking forward to recapturing a hike that I took back in May with some friends on the beautiful Hawaiian Island of Oahu.

We were in Hawaii from May 19 to May 27; there we have many stories of surfing, lying on the beach, snorkeling, visiting the beach from the TV show “Lost” and much more. We also did a hike up to Pauoa Flats that was about six to eight miles. We had initially planned to hike to a waterfall that was, well, less than spectacular, it was mostly just a drizzle down a cliff side, and I guess other times of the year it is better. So we hiked on.


The trail was wet and a little muddy and it cut through a thick bamboo forest. There were not too many people on the trail but we passed a few—no natives though.

At the top is a lookout point that is very spectacular to see the beautiful landscape of Hawaii’s mountains, peaks, lush green trees, shorelines and beaches.



Here are some other pictures from Hawaii:
"Lost" Beach

The Hotties

Snorkeling

Cliff Jumping at Waimea

Surfing at Waikiki

Sunset at the Lost beach, I was feeling a little vain.


3 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

Nice! I would love to go to Hawaii sometime. I'm glad you did more than just sitting on the beach-it looks like an awesome hike with a beautiful view.

Zachary said...

Ahh...Hawaii! Looks like you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

That trip looked sweet, I will make it there before I die...