Sunday, April 29, 2012


April 28, 2012

A perfect day for gardening!  Just had a few things to take care of before attending to the garden: a 5K race, mowed my father’s lawn and running a few errands.  Seems simple enough but I did not get to work in the garden till 6:30 at night.  I had an hour and a half to do some more ground prep.

I need to interject a side note here.  The total area of land is 10 feet by 20 feet.  After a lot of soul searching I have decided the whole area need to be utilized.  This area is blocked off on two sides: the west side has lined by ten feet of fence and the north is lined by 30 feet of  a garage wall. 

The fence plans are coming along nicely.  I only need thirty feet of fence to protect the garden.  I did some window shopping at Home Depot and there is a wire fence that is three feet tall by 50 feet long—perfect!  Need this and a couple of poles and I’m set.

  
Tomatoes and peppers
 
So I spent the hour and a half clearing out some more weeds and as I did so my imagination ran wild with the many possibilities for this garden.  Growing up I hated pulling weeds and I still do; however, after I get over this obstacle I will have get to have the rewarding work of fencing the garden and planting the garden…still just need to decide on what else to grow.

No comments: