Monday, November 10, 2008

Bring on Christmas

This is a practically a reply post to Adam Nott’s post. I say bring on Christmas! For me Christmas started on October 31. I was driving home from work and scanning through the stations when to my surprise I hear Christmas music on the radio. The DJ of the radio station was, as he states, “conforming” to the Utah standard, quite hilarious I thought.

You see I have noticed a few years ago that if you turn on the radio at midnight on Oct. 31 you can listen to Christmas music, I first thought it was kind of strange—but then I embraced it and every year I look forward to this grand tradition.

Christmas is the only time of the year where people are actually nice to each other; but on the other hand Christmas music in November angers people—I don’t know.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

7 comments:

Craig Lifferth said...

I love Christmas music, but I can't start listening to it till after Thanksgiving. Merry Christmas!!

All About M.E.('s) said...

I am such a loser. I just realized today that the Christmas season has started. I feel so stupid. And now I feel really stupid because you have been celebrating since the DAY AFTER HALLOWEEN. Where have I been?
Sorry St. Nick-I will put up my Christmas tree tomorrow.

Zachary said...

Bah Humbug

Smiley Family said...

You think Christmas is the only time people are nice to each other?? Have you been shopping in December? I am pretty sure Christmas brings out the devil in some people. Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year, but come on - Thanksgiving is pretty great too.

The Lund Five said...

Sorry Jake. As much as I love Christmas and Christmas Music, I feel that Thanksgiving is an overlooked holiday. Therefore, I never listen to Christmas music until Thanksgiving Day. Then I feel that it is ok.

Adam said...

You're very optimistic...and that's why we love you.

Chrissy said...

I got to say Christmas music in November must be a Utah thing.
I still haven't heard any Christmas songs.
Though I am stuck in a total hippie town. I guess the co-ops couldn't afford more music after buying all the ani difranco CDs.

(p.s. I'm your cousin Chrissy, on of the Washington ones)