Tuesday, December 9, 2008

First Run of the Season

If you know me you know I love Christmas. Today, I realized that Christmas is approaching fast. After all the giving, all the receiving, kisses under the mistletoe (cross my fingers), singing Christmas songs, watching Christmas movie and reading Christmas stories there comes a great sadness of cold dark days and empty wallets. This year, however, I am looking forward to the long winter bliss. Because after Christmas season is over we fall right into the heart of the ski season—blessed, wonderful, full of hope and joy, ski season!


Fortunately, the ski season does not have to start after Christmas. I went up today, and it was beautiful.

2 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

You are like an anomaly-a Bob Liff who ski's. What's that all about?
I should pick up a new January hobby to give myself something to look forward to.

Smiley Family said...

Okay Jake, it is time to update your blog. At least you updated your header. I was pretty tired of looking at the Christmas pic, but this new one is a little pathetic. Life's not so bad, is it?